Monday, February 27, 2012

Weight, what!?

I got accused yesterday by my husband of not writing on my blog enough.  I told him, "I tend to write only when I'm irritated, and I haven't been irritated recently."  His reaction?  "Don't you think it's a bit ironic that a blog titled 'The Good' tends to talk about the bad?" 

You got me there!  lol.  So, I thought I'd talk about a new venture in my life. 

Three of my girlfriends and I have started a new accountability program.  All four of us would like to feel better in our bodies.  I guess the ultimate goal would be to lose weight, but mostly, we all want to fit in to our clothes, look in the mirror, and think, "Damn!  My husband is one lucky-ass hombre!!!"

We're all going to Miami in July for a Fragile X Conference.  It should be exciting, fun, and filled with alcohol information.  It would be nice if we could all hit the dance floor together while everyone looks on with envy at the four HOT chicks kicking up their heels, wiggling their booties. 

Our plan is posting our actual weights weekly, exactly what we eat daily, our exercise routine (when we do it), etc.  We're giving each other tips, support, confidence.  We don't judge each other.  If one of us gains weight instead of losing it, we give that person (always seems to be me!) a slap in the back of the head extra guidance and offer suggestions.  It's really awesome!!

It feels so great to have friends that you're comfortable enough with to do this with.  It's been a long time since I've felt so loved and un-judged that I feel I can say and do anything, including posting my weight. 

So, here's to my awesome girlfriends!  May we all meet our goals, continue to support each other, and shake our awesome booties in Miami!!

No comments:

Post a Comment